WBA Residential Mortgage Lending School
The 2024 WBA Residential Mortgage Lending School will be held March 25–28 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Monday and conclude at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Students will gain the knowledge and tools needed to be successful in this complex and highly competitive field. You will learn from seasoned professionals the concepts needed to reach that success and also learn from your fellow students through case study work as you and other team members collaborate on assignments.
- Finance Basics
- Compliance for Residential Mortgage Lenders, Including:
- Truth in Lending (Regulation Z)
- FACT Act
- ECOA (Regulation B)
- HMDA (Regulation C)
- Flood Protection Act
- SAFE Act
- Fair Lending
- Application Generation
- Product Knowledge
- Conventional mortgage products
- Government programs available for residential loans
- Construction loans
- Application Process
- Sales Skills
- Title Insurance
- Closing Documentation
- Pricing Considerations
- Valuable Networking Opportunities
Attendees will also participate in a group case study that encompasses the full curriculum.
Who Should Attend?
- Personal bankers, consumer lenders, loan processors, closers and new residential mortgage lenders.
- The student fee of $1,045 includes program registration, instruction and materials, most meals, and a Real Estate Master II Qualifier Plus calculator. Enrollment Limit: 40.
- It is recommended that each potential student have two years or less of experience in the residential mortgage lending area of the bank. Lending experience is helpful, but not required.
- In order to successfully complete the program, students will be expected to participate actively in all class discussions, attend all classes, and, with your peer group, successfully present a case study to the School Advisory Board of Directors.
- Visit wisbank.com/Hotels for a list of special rates available to WBA members.
- A refund, less a $150 administrative fee, is provided for written cancellations received by WBA 10 or more business days before the start of a school. All requests for cancellations or substitute registrations must be provided in writing to WBA Education.