WBA provides members with a wide variety of informative publications regarding banking industry issues. As a member, you choose which of these valuable resources you wish to receive through your online profile. You can also find the articles online by using our site's search function.
Wisconsin Banker Daily
Formerly known as the Daily Banker News Clips
This daily epublication, launched on April 1, 2020, is the oldie-but-goodie Daily Banker News Clips with even more relevant content, landing in your inbox every morning. It features the familiar collection of headlines related to the banking industry, economy, and politics, with additional informational articles and association updates and events.
Financial Literacy Review
Marketing, Personal Bankers, Branch Managers
Sent monthly by the Wisconsin Bankers Foundation, the Financial Literacy Review provides news and event updates for bankers interested in promoting financial education in their communities. In addition, each issue contains a link to the latest WBA Consumer Column: a brief, education, consumer-focused article that WBA members are invited to use as a community column in the local paper, a blog on the bank’s website, part of a rotary speech, or any other way you see fit, with or without edits to the text. The purpose is to give member banks an easy-to-use tool for promoting the banking industry and financial health to Wisconsin’s communities.
The Executive Letter is a weekly epublication which serves as WBA’s voice to bank presidents, board members, and front-line employees alike. Sent from WBA President and CEO Rose Oswald Poels, the letter covers the major issues of the day facing banks. For a look at banks around Wisconsin and what WBA is doing on their behalf, there’s no better source of firsthand information.
Banconomics Quarterly Update
CEOs, Directors, General Public
The Banconomics Quarterly Update provides community bankers with essential economic data and research to support public and private decision-making. These updates fill the need for Wisconsin banking indicators presented in an easy-to-access yet comprehensive format for community bankers, public officials, reporters, and industry leaders. The financial data and research found in these updates and on the Banconomics website is fueled by the quarterly release of FDIC banking reports including metrics on profitability, assets quality, and liquidity. The Banconomics Report is a WBA service provided through the Wisconsin Bankers Foundation. Subscribe by emailing Mike Semman!
Wisconsin Banker is the monthly trade publication of the Wisconsin banking industry. Filled with the latest banking news, in-depth feature articles, education opportunities and much more, Wisconsin Banker is the preeminent source for timely, accurate information on Wisconsin’s banks and banking professionals.
Links to past issues:
- October 2019 Wisconsin Banker
- November 2019 Wisconsin Banker
- December 2019 Wisconsin Banker
- January 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- February 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- March 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- April 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- May 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- June 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- 2019 2020 Year In Review
- July 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- August 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- September 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- October 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- November 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- December 2020 Wisconsin Banker
- January 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- February 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- March 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- April 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- May 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- June 2021 Wisconsin Banker
- July 2021 Wisconsin Banker
The monthly Compliance Journal provides bankers with updates and in-depth analysis on all things compliance. In addition, each issue contains three main sections: 1) the Special Focus, a deep-dive into a timely compliance topic; 2) Regulatory Spotlight, a compilation of relevant notices published in the Federal Register; and 3) Compliance Notes, brief updates from regulatory agencies and/or WBA on specific regulations or statutes.
If you are looking for the Compliance Journal Archive, a PDF containing all issues from October 2003 - October 2016, click here to download.
Click below to download a PDF of recent issues.
- July 2019 Compliance Journal
- August 2019 Compliance Journal
- September 2019 Compliance Journal
- October 2019 Compliance Journal
- November 2019 Compliance Journal
- December 2019 Compliance Journal
- January 2020 Compliance Journal
- February 2020 Compliance Journal
- March 2020 Compliance Journal
- April 2020 Compliance Journal
- May 2020 Compliance Journal
- June 2020 Compliance Journal
- July 2020 Compliance Journal
- August 2020 Compliance Journal
- September 2020 Compliance Journal
- October 2020 Compliance Journal
- November 2020 Compliance Journal
- December 2020 Compliance Journal
- January 2021 Compliance Journal
- February 2021 Compliance Journal
- March 2021 Compliance Journal
- April 2021 Compliance Journal
- May 2021 Compliance Journal
- June 2021 Compliance Journal
Human Resources Bankers, Managers, Training Staff
Education E-News is delivered on an as-needed basis regarding the latest information on continuing education for bankers. Subscribe for the announcements and updates regarding in-person conferences, seminars, and workshops as well as virtual education including webinars and self-paced learning.
Ag Lenders, Compliance Staff
This one is about a niche as it gets! The Hemp-as-it-Happens epublication is sent on an as-needed basis to bankers interested in the goings on of the “growing” hemp industry. Editions vary in length but are guaranteed to provide you with the policy, regulatory, and economic updates you need to serve your hemp customers while guarding your institution against risk.
Any banker interested in politics & advocacy
Sent on an as-needed basis, the Pundit is WBA’s insider glance at Wisconsin government. The Pundit is every banker’s window into what WBA’s advocacy team is currently working on and anything else of interest taking place under Wisconsin’s Capitol dome (whereas the Advocacy Report is intended for Advocacy Officers only). Whether it’s providing state budget updates from the trenches or alerting members to important pieces of legislation concerning the banking industry, the Pundit stays on top of the latest banking issues and debates at the state capitol.
Advocacy Officers (exclusive)
Sent each Friday (with the occasional mid-week special edition), the WBA Advocacy Report provides political and advocacy updates bankers should know about with a pinch of salt on the side (aka, commentary from the editors). In addition, each weekly email includes a link to the updated Advocacy Spreadsheet (for the true advocacy nerds) containing a breakdown of all the issues and legislation WBA’s advocacy crew is tracking at the moment. Read to the bottom of the email for the Distraction of the Week.