Talk to an Attorney
WBA’s Legal Call program is staffed by several attorneys who field member compliance questions. Email your compliance questions or call 608-441-1200.
FIPCO, a WBA subsidiary, offers consulting, coaching, and customized regulation review services.
Most Recent WBA Compliance Journal
The monthly WBA Compliance Journal provides bankers with updates and in-depth analysis on all things compliance.
October’s Most Frequently Asked Question to Legal Call Program:
Q: Who can be appointed as a POD beneficiary?
- CFPB Proposal to Collect and Report Small Business Lending Data Toolkit (PDF)
- CFPB Proposal to Collect and Report Small Business Lending Data Toolkit (PPT)
- Reg Z ATR Revised General QM Definition Toolkit
- Electronic Signature Toolkit
- SAFE Act Toolkit
- Executive & Incentive Compensation Toolkit
- Third-Party Securities Networking Relationships Toolkit
WBA Compliance Journal Judicial Spotlight Articles
To help bankers find which year a particular article ran, WBA Legal has created an index to locate specific Judicial Spotlight articles bankers may be interested in consulting.
Looking for more? For past WBA Compliance Journals beyond the 10 years posted above, please contact WBA Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-441-1200.
Most Frequently Requested Resources
- 2022 Late Fee Chart
- Who Must Sign the Mortgage (May 2019)
- Update on Loan Renewals in WI (July 2017)
- Mortgages and RESAs
- Future Advance Statute
- Which is Better – A Co-signer or Guarantor
- ECOA Issues When Spouse Provides Continuing Guaranty
- Credit Report Charges, ECOA Concerns
- FDIC Finance Charge Chart
WBA’s Comment Letter Library
WBA regularly participates in the filing of comment letters to help inform federal agencies of the impact of rulemaking, and provide examples, on the banking industry.
October’s WBA Compliance Corner Video
In WBA Legal’s newly launched video series, bankers throughout the state will stay up to date with the most recent compliance news.
WBA publishes a wide variety of articles that address compliance issues and can serve as valuable resources to keep you up to date on the issues that impact your bank.
WBA offers several Education events throughout the year designed to assist compliance staff, ranging from webinars to conferences to week-long schools.
WBA provides helpful resources for you to stay up to date on recent news and procedure changes that impact your bank’s operations.