Bank Ethics From The Ground Up
Ethical decisions can be challenging, but it’s important to embrace ethical choices as the repercussions impact you individually as well as your financial institution. Included in this session are best practices, and requirements as well as examples of bank bribery cases.
As a banker, you have many ethical responsibilities and challenges as you navigate your daily activities which must be conducted with the highest level of integrity. Embracing ethics includes managing your personal finances and outside activities in a manner that prevents a conflict of interest. This session will explain the components of a typical code of ethics policy including how to address accepting gifts and the expectations for compliance with the Federal Bank Bribery Law. Ethics and integrity are a must that bankers need to bring to their financial institutions. It is critical that your institution has a sound policy and provides training that reinforces the institution’s code of ethics.
Ethical decisions can be challenging, but it’s important to embrace ethical choices as the repercussions impact you individually as well as your financial institution. Included in this session are best practices, requirements as well as examples of bank bribery cases.
What You’ll Learn
- What is the Bank Bribery Act?
- The importance of ethics in maintaining the reputation of the institution
- SAR reporting requirements
- Bribery vs Gratuity – What’s the difference?
- Sample ethics policy
- Guidelines for compliance with the Federal Bank Bribery Law
- Conflict of interest related to employees and directors
- Understand the importance of a whistleblower policy
- Accepting gifts and fees from bank customers, prospective customers, or suppliers
- Penalties for bribery and illegal gratuity
Who Should Attend
This session is designed for all bank employees as well as those responsible for developing or testing compliance with the banks Code of Ethics Policy and the Bank Bribery Act.
Molly Stull began her banking career on the teller line while working on her undergraduate degree and has continued working in the financial industry ever since. Some of her experience includes roles in operations, business resumption planning, consumer compliance, and conducting audits. Her favorite role is ensuring that her audience, whether on the sports field or in the financial industry, understands the “why” behind the rule. Her wealth of financial knowledge and her numerous years of experience enable her to relate the material to the audience.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + CD + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person