Convenient, compliant, and contactless. Anything with those features is bound to be a hit with consumers. Does your institution allow online account opening? Do you understand the CIP, CDD, and documentation requirements? Join this webinar to get expert guidance on how to meet all the benchmarks and minimize risk.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain and implement the six-step consent process to open “no-contact” accounts
- Understand which deposit regulations are related to E-SIGN and have specific compliance provisions
- Use the most recent BSA guidance for satisfying the due diligence requirements for CIP (Customer Information Program)
- Define and identify acceptable documents to open accounts and incorporate risk mitigation strategies into the new account process
- Determine if enhanced due diligence steps are required to open the account
When opening accounts online, E-SIGN compliance is one piece of the puzzle, while knowing the “true identity” of the customer for BSA and CIP purposes completes the process. What additional “out-of-wallet” questions should be asked when accounts are opened online? How does electronic account opening impact BSA risk assessment? Learn about the additional controls needed to protect your financial institution and red flags for reporting suspicious activity in an online environment, including risk mitigation strategies and CIP required documentation and “reasonable belief” of the customer’s true identity.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, risk managers, operations managers, business development managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
- Current exam procedures and many resources for online banking
- E-SIGN checklist and answers to common questions
- Social media policy template
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
MEET THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Training and Consulting for Financial Institutions
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer who began her career in 1978. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Costonis has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Costonis has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real-life examples.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $320 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download