Do you know where FinCEN, CTA, and BOI intersect? Do you know the ins and outs of FinCEN’s beneficial ownership rules changes? This webinar will explain how the reporting provisions will further combat illicit use of the U.S. financial system. Learn the specific beneficial ownership reporting deadlines and details with this in-depth program.
- Who is a reporting company?
- What are the exemptions from reporting?
- Detailed analysis of what a substantial owner is and who is a 25% owner
- Two types of company applicants
- Four pieces of information that must be provided
- How the FinCEN identifier will be issued
- Timing and the next steps for implementation
On September 29, 2022, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued a final rule implementing the bipartisan Corporate Transparency Act’s (CTA) beneficial ownership information (BOI) reporting provisions. The rule enhances the ability of FinCEN and other agencies to protect U.S. national security and the U.S. financial system from illicit use. It provides essential information to national security, intelligence, and law enforcement agencies; state, local, and tribal officials; and financial institutions to help prevent drug traffickers, fraudsters, corrupt actors (such as oligarchs), and proliferators from laundering or hiding money and other assets in the United States.
The rule describes who must file a BOI report, what information must be reported, and when a report is due. Specifically, the rule requires reporting companies to file reports with FinCEN that identify two categories of individuals: (1) the beneficial owners of the entity; and (2) the company applicants of the entity. This comprehensive webinar will cover all the particulars.
Who Should Attend?
This detailed session will benefit BSA officers, BSA staff, trainers, compliance staff, and operations personnel.
- Beneficial Ownership Final Rule Manual, volume 1
- Employee training log
- Interactive quiz
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Deborah Crawford – Gettechnical Inc
Deborah Crawford is the president of Gettechnical Inc., a Florida-based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Crawford specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.
- $245 – Live Webinar Access
- $245 – OnDemand Access + Digital Download
- $350 – Both Live & On-Demand Access + Digital Download