Unity Bank is seeking a qualified chief information officer!
Culture Vision Statement: Unity Bank strives to be an innovative bank that exceeds service excellence standards. Our culture is a caring collaborative environment where our communities and our employees matter to each of us. Those employees that are proactive, adaptable to change, and creative will be attracted to our growing organization.
General Summary: Responsible for demonstrating service excellence in accordance with Unity’s Vision and Mission statements:
- Our mission is to help people achieve their dreams
- Our vision: Be the bank that connects people: employees, customers, community
- Our core values: respect, honesty & integrity, satisfaction, and enjoyment
The chief information officer is responsible for all the information technology and information security needs of the bank and provides leadership for internal information process flow of the bank. This position reports directly to the bank president. This is accomplished by providing & overseeing technology services to all customers, employees, and regulatory agencies in accordance with the policies and practices of the bank.
This role is responsible for assisting in executing the overall bank’s strategies, objectives, and business plans. This would include building the bank’s high touch position within the marketplace.
Principal Responsibilities & Duties:
Responsible for leading the process of innovation and change management in Unity Bank, overseeing all aspects of the information security program and managing the information technology needs.
Responsible for achievement of outcomes, activities, and behaviors as determined on an ongoing basis.
- Provides leadership, vision, and direction to the organization
- Manages the updating and implementation of information security policy, procedures, standards and guidelines to ensure information assets and supporting technologies are secure and protected appropriately
- Makes recommendations for improvements and implement corrective measures to ensure compliance
- Coordinates the development and delivery of education and training programs on information security and privacy matters for employees and customers
- Maintains the incident response plan and reporting process to address security breaches and respond to alleged policy violations or complaints
- Maintains and revises as needed vendor management policies, procedures, and forms
- Chairs the IT Steering Committee
- Provides leadership, develops and oversees department talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, and leadership development
- Assists in developing a sound plan of IT design and succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the bank
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Team and/or President to develop a three-year IT Strategy for the bank
- Develops, prioritizes, and leads strategic IT and operational planning to enable the banks vision, goals, and objectives
- Manages, supervises, and makes assignments for the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology (IT) department
- Establishes and maintains people and technology performance standards, conducts reviews, enables training, and development opportunities
- Develops and maintains annual budgets, plans, operating polices
- Directs the testing and develops procedures for disaster recovery that enables business continuity
- Provides leadership and coaching that results in the creation and maintenance of a culture of continuous improvement
- Implements a team-based problem-solving process and establish structure for communication of results
- Leads the identification of and then works to minimize process waste within the bank.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA or MA preferred, but not required
- Banking industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with a wide range of technology applications relative to position
Working Conditions: Bank/office environment, secure, comfortable working conditions. Will be required to travel to visit branch offices as needed.
Interested in applying? Contact UBHR@UnityBanking.com
Unity Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer