Stay ahead of the game in the new era of FinTech! Join this webinar and learn how to navigate the changing landscape of vendor management and mitigate risks associated with third-party relationships.
The banking agencies have issued guidance on managing the risks of third-party relationships that will replace earlier guidance. Vendor management has been an important issue for a long time, but it is apparent that the expectations are increasing, no matter in what form the guidance is finalized. The rise of fintech companies and their participation in the banking industry has changed the landscape of risk in important ways, and financial institutions need to adapt.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss the guidance and what these new expectations are, and how to best improve your vendor management program to implement the changes and expectations. We’ll also go over the elements of a successful vendor management program in any institution, from vendor selection to monitoring.
What You’ll Learn
- New proposed third-party management guidance from the agencies – what to expect and what this tells us
- Managing relationships with financial technology (fintech) firms
- Developing and maintaining risk management policies and programs regarding third-party relationships
- Oversight of third-party activities
- Contract negotiation and management
- Ongoing monitoring
- Identification of significant vendor relationships – what does this mean and what are the covered activities?
- Vendors’ ability to comply with applicable law and regulations
Who Should Attend
This webinar is intended to anyone involved in the vendor management/third-party risk process, from compliance and risk management professionals, to counsel, management and even directors.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Managing Director for Treliant Risk Advisors in Washington, D.C. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at scores of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
- Live Access, 30 Days OnDemand Playback, Presenter Materials and Handouts – $279
- Available Upgrades:
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + $110
- 12 Months OnDemand Playback + Digital Download + $140
- Additional Live Access + $85 per person