2022 Power of Community Media Kit
Social Media Images
- Instagram Images
- Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter Images
Best Practices for Enhancing Your ‘Power of Community’ Week Media Kit
● A picture’s worth 1,000 words. For your Facebook posts and/or Tweets, don’t forget to include a picture or image that complements the post. Viewers rarely scroll by a Facebook or Twitter post that has an image with it; their eyes won’t let them. Please also share photos of your team in action with WBA’s Lori Kalscheuer via email (email@example.com).
● Make a personal connection. When you are submitting your Press Release or Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed, call the newspaper and verify where you should e-mail. Let them know who you are, why you’re submitting your content, and how much you appreciate them considering your submission. Building that initial relationship over the phone means so much more to the newspaper and goes a long way toward ensuring your submission gets published and posted.
● Who wrote this? When you are submitting your Press Release, consider including a photo of the bank’s point of contact quoted in your release. When you are submitting the Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed, include a photo of the signatory. Also include for all submissions your bank logo. Not only will the newspapers appreciate the layout options, it personalizes your article and shows the reader bankers are real people.
● Did you see that? Getting published is the first step, but that’s not where it ends. Once your Press Release, Letter to the Editor, and/or Op-ed gets published, share it far and wide. Promote in on your socials. Include the news clip in an e-mail to staff. Print 100 copies of the article so your customers can grab one in the lobby or consider having your tellers distribute to customers in the drive-thru as well. Spread the news! And don’t forget to let WBA’s Lori Kalscheuer know of any media coverage (firstname.lastname@example.org).
● Use the hashtag #BanksPowerWI. Using the hashtag will increase the visibility of your posts and connect you to the conversation about the week on social media.