The 2023 WBA Consumer Lending Boot Camp will be held October 3–4 at the Wisconsin Bankers Association Office in Madison. Classes will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday and conclude at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
About the Boot Camp: This program was developed to help bankers build the foundation and skills necessary to become a successful consumer lender or processor. Students will learn the process of basic lending and then put it into practice through various exercises and case studies. Consumer Lending covers the essentials of the consumer lending business today and explains the important and relevant features, processes, and laws. Students taking Consumer Lending will learn the features and benefits of consumer loan products and operations, including closed-end and open-end loans, direct and indirect lending, and secured lending. Students will gain the following from the program:
- Increased knowledge of the steps and analysis process involved in consumer lending.
- An understanding of the various types of consumer loans and their loan documentation requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of the various lending rules and regulations.
- Improved skills in determining customer needs through the interviewing process.
- The opportunity to learn from respected and experienced faculty members as well as peers.
- Preparation for future study at the WBA Residential Mortgage Lending School and WBA Loan Compliance School.
- Dynamics of Lending: understanding lending’s role in the bank and the importance of the lending decision.
- Lending Compliance: including an overview of regulations geared for new lenders.
- Lending Principles: a look at the 5 C’s of credit, understanding the credit report, understanding your bank’s loan policy, evaluation and quality assurance.
- Consumer Lending
- Types of consumer loans
- Application process and documentation
- Sales/relationship building
- Case study application
Who Should Attend:
This program will provide fundamental instruction appropriate for loan officer trainees, loan support personnel, new lenders, branch managers, universal bankers, and personal bankers. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance.
The registration fee of $550 includes program registration, instruction and binder and ABA materials, and all meals.